Monday, April 5, 2010

Waiting is hard

I know it has not been that long since I started marketing Book One but waiting to see the 'fruits of my labour' is very difficult. The Face Book fans keep coming, all the marketing is done and now I'm technically left with nothing to do.

Usually I would have to make corrections to something, or check to see if I got an e-mail or make sure my fan page was being seen. Now, it's simply a matter of updating the blog and the fan page.

I'm quite antsy to be honest. I can't wait for say, four months down the road to see how well Book One does. I mean, it could be a total flop (which would be absolutely horrible by the way). Or, it could do much better than I anticipate (which would be exciting and frightening at the same time).

I mean, this has been a lifelong dream for me. As long as I can remember I have always wanted to be a successful author. The thrill of being able to start that dream has been amazing. It will be a hard fall if in fact, I do fall.

I don't think it will be that bad though, I have a lot of supporters and marketing is doing well thus far. I'm still nervous though and I'm fairly sure that's not doing wonders for my health...haha.

Waiting makes me wonder if it was worth it. My bank account says no right now, but hey, that may change.

Anyway, I hope that in a few months I can look back at this and laugh. And if not, at least I'll know I gave it my best. If you aim for the moon and fail, at least you will land among the stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment